The Telugu Desam Party has decided to pull out its two ministers from the government over the centre's refusal to give Andhra Pradesh central funding under a "special status", Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu announced late on Wednesday evening.
The decision was taken at a marathon meeting with party lawmakers, hours after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was seen to suggest that it would be difficult for the government to give Andhra "special status".
Mr Naidu said the two ministers will send in their resignations this morning as the centre had not kept its promises.
Here are 10 things CM N Chandrababu Naidu said -
- We have shown patience for 4 years. I tried to convince the centre by all means.
- We have been raising the matter since the day of the budget. But they (Central Government) did not respond.
- Heard Arun Jaitley's comments that sentiments do not define the quantum of funds. - We have pledged our alliance to the NDA considering that it would help the state of AP.
- Injustice has been done to the state of AP. The state is facing financial troubles. We are facing a deficit. Every time, the Centre said they have helped us.
- The Centre is showing apathy to the AP. Every time, Centre said justice would be done but they were only assurances.
- It is our responsibility to inform the PM that two of our ministers are resigning from the Union Cabinet.
- It is disheartening to know that no special status would be given to the state. State govt keeps in mind the interests of the people.
- It is better that two of our ministers in Union Cabinet withdraw their positions that they are presently holding... We have come to a decision that two of our ministers should withdraw their position from Union Cabinet.
- This is the first step. Further course of action will be decided in the near time.
- The Centre is not in a mood to listen. I don't know what mistake I have done. Why are they speaking such things?