1) MCA: What a year it has been for Nani, the Middle-class hero! After scoring back to back hits with Nenu Local and Ninnu Kori earlier this year, he is signing off 2017 on a top note as his latest film MCA took the box office by storm.
The film has been super strong all through the weekend in spite of middling talk and poor reviews. Nani is showing his sheer stamina as a star without positive word of mouth.
2) Hello: The film is clearly struggling to hold its ground as MCA dominated the weekend across B and C centers.
Hello had an edge in multiplexes and overseas, but the film needs to pick up to recover its high costs.
Hello has shown a significant growth on its first Sunday which is an encouraging sign as Monday is a public holiday.
3) Tiger Zinda Hai: It has been a very dull year for Bollywood so far. Salman Khan has finally put an end to the box office miseries by showing his true power as the superstar.
TZH had a fantastic first weekend and is on course to become one of the highest grosser in Salman’s career. It is sure going to be the top grossing movie of Bollywood this year.
4) Malli Raava: Sumanth had high hopes on this film to revive his career, but all Malli Raava could manage is below average collection.
The film has been decent across plexes but couldn’t make a mark elsewhere.
5) E Ee: This little known low budget film couldn’t take off amid high competition from MCA and Hello.
With a couple more films to hit the marquee next weekend E Ee has little chance to survive for another week.