1) DJ: Allu Arjun's DJ – Duvvada Jagannadham opened to mixed reports, but that didn’t stop the film from putting mind-boggling numbers in its first weekend.
The film is not only Allu Arjun’s biggest opening film but also one of the top opening films in Tollywood history.
Second and third day collections have set a record for Non-Baahubali films in many areas. Monday being a public holiday and Tuesday a partial holiday,
DJ is not going to slow down for at least another couple of days.
2) Tube Light: Kabir Khan’s Tube Light Salman Khan’s first misfire for Eid in a long time. Bhai hasn’t tasted a failure for Eid since Wanted.
Although the film didn’t live up to expectations, it is still putting up decent numbers thus proving the stardom of Salman Khan.
Word of mouth is pretty bad that it will find tough to hold after the Eid holidays are over.
3) Baahubali – The Conclusion: Well, besides DJ, Baahubali 2 has been the best performer in this weekend.
The film is running in limited screens, but still pulling audiences to theaters in its ninth week.
4) Ami Thumi: This low budget comedy may not make handsome profits from its theatrical run but would fetch handsome price for satellite and digital rights as it struck a chord with the urban audience.
5) Marakathamani: Aadhi Pinisetty’s horror comedy is still running in a few screens across Telugu states.
The film might have done well with better publicity as it seems to have attracted the masses.