1) Raja The Great: Dil Raju did it again. He has perfectly timed the release of his new film Raja The Great.
Releasing it just before the Diwali day paid off big time as the film had a dhamaka first long weekend at the box office.
Earlier it was planned for release on Oct 12, but Dil Raju delayed the release by a week, which had a great effect on Rajugari Gadhi 2’s run.
Anil Ravipudi made sure to have good comedy, which is helping Raja The Great to pile up numbers.
2) Golmaal Again: Rohit Shetty’s magic has taken the box office by storm. Fourth installment of Golmaal franchise is a smash hit at the box office.
Mixing horror with the regular Golmaal mark gags is working wonders across the nation. Golmaal Again is set to become the biggest Bollywood grosser of the year so far.
3) Rajugari Gadhi 2: Ohmkar fails to recreate the magic of Rajugari Gadhi. Thanks to its attractive star cast and branding, RGG 2 opened on a strong note, but it quickly slipped at the ticket window.
It was greatly affected by Raja The Great in its second weekend. It may end up as average to above average on the commercial front.
4) Secret Superstar: Aamir Khan’s latest production has been receiving acclaim from all corners. However, the film hasn’t really made a strong impact with its opening weekend collections.
It will be rememebered as another memorable movie from Aamir’s production house though.
5) Mahanubhavudu: Maruthi’s hilarious take on the concept of OCD, Mahanubhavudu is a hit in Telugu states and an above average fare in overseas.
The film has upped the brand value of Maruthi, UV creations and Sharwanand. It is the only clean hit from Tollywood in the month of September.