1) Touch Chesi Chudu: Ravi Teja was expected to set the cash registers ringing with his masala entertainer Touch Chesi Chudu.
The film looked like a perfect masala film from the outset, but failed to impress any section of audience.
As expected it opened on top among the new releases, but ran out of gas in a day. It slipped on its second day itself and there wasn’t much improvement on its first Sunday too.
The film is feared to become one of the major disasters in recent times.
2) Chalo: Naga Shaurya’s Chalo turned out to be the surprise winner of the season. The film opened on a strong note and had a fantastic first weekend.
The film is all set to become super hit as the word of mouth is very positive. Debut director Venky Kudumula did a fine job by giving comedy the front seat and it is working wonders at the box office.
It is a much needed break for the young actor who also turned producer with it.
3) Bhaagamathie: Anushka’s horror thriller with a twist is a runaway super hit at the box office.
The film had a pretty solid second weekend. Its run in Nizam is sensational as it dominated the plexes in its second weekend.
It is trending on top on BookMyShow website in Hyderabad region proving its authority in A centers.
4) Padmaavat: Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s controversial period drama turned out to be a smash hit all over India and overseas.
The film is still doing pretty good business in Nizam and in A centers across Telugu states.
5) Howrah Bridge: Rahul Ravindran’s new film failed to get noticed. The film couldn’t register half decent collections in its first weekend in spite of eye grabbing poster publicity.