Months of June, July and August have been fruitful for Tollywood despite no big releases. Medium and low budget films clicked big time at the box office to keep the counters busy.
But Tollywood market has hit a mini slump in September starting from the failure of Paisa Vasool that released on the first day of the month.
There were multiple releases on Friday, but none of them had a notable start.
1) Ungarala Rambabu: Sunil’s bad time continued with Ungarala Rambabu turning out to be a disastrous fare.
The film is headed for disaster with collections staying below 30% mark even in its first weekend. Director Kranthi Madhav’s idea of a commercial film didn’t work at all.
The director who is known for making sensible films fell into the commercial trap and lost his mark.
2) Arjun Reddy: Although Arjun Reddy’s collections have dropped considerably, it has still performed better than new releases over the weekend.
The film is still trending top on Book My Show’s weekend trends. The film made more than four times its investment at the box office thus making it one of the biggest blockbusters among low budget films.
3) Yuddham Sharanam: Last week’s release Yuddham Sharanam ended up as a disaster. Even Naga Chaitanya’s decent track record didn’t help the film to post decent collections anywhere. It is an outright disaster in all the centers.
4) Kathalo Rajakumari: Nara Rohit’s long delayed rural drama Kathalo Rajakumari failed to get noticed.
The film’s opening collections were disastrous and the word of mouth has killed it further. Nara Rohit’s woes worsened as he is losing his market value with each film.
5) Srivalli: Baahubali writer Vijayendra Prasad’s directorial venture Srivalli has finally seen light of the day after a long time.
The veteran writer expected this erotic drama to pull audience in big numbers, but it has been turned down from the first show itself.