1) Gruham: Last week's release Gruham dominated the multiplexes across Telugu states in its second weekend. The collections for it in single screens also remained steady.
The genuine horror film directed by Milind Rau has definitely impressed the genre enthusiasts.
It is sort of a mini comeback for Siddharth who is hoping to reclaim his market in Telugu states.
2) Khakee: Thanks to the disappointing Friday releases, Karthi’s cop drama Khakee had a fairly decent second weekend at the box office.
Though the collections during weekdays are not up to the mark, it should be a safe venture for everyone involved.
Karthi also got the much needed break in Tamil with the original that has been performing pretty well compared to the actor’s recent films.
3) Balakrishnudu: Rohit Nara tried his hand at commercial cinema that is loaded with all the mass-friendly elements. However, outdated faction backdrop, weak script and bad music didn’t help it to get the desired result.
It will go down as a big flop for Rohit, who has been struggling to find success lately.
4) Mental Madhilo: Makers of Pelli Chupulu had high hopes on Mental Madhilo to be as successful as their previous film, but it failed to take off at the ticket window.
The film’s collections on its first weekend were below par and the word of mouth isn’t encouraging either.
Films like these need to make a mark right on day 1 or it will get extremely difficult later.
5) Garuda Vega: Praveen Sattaru’s mission has been lauded for its technical finesse and superb first half.
However, collections are not on par with the positive buzz. It couldn’t live up to the buzz it has generated.
Rajasekhar’s poor form and bad timing of release worked against its prospects.