1) Yuddham Sharanam: Tollywood is yet to score a hit in September. Both the films that released on Friday turned out to be duds at the box office. Usually reliable Chaitanya failed to live up to expectations.
Yuddham Sharanam is not only bad but also couldn’t post decent openings, thus its prospects look so bleak. The film is surely headed for a big flop.
2) Paisa Vasool: Last week’s release Paisa Vasool failed to pick up after dropping on its second day.
The film is only able to recover around half the investment of its buyers and is unlikely to enter the safe zone. It is yet another big flop from Puri Jagannadh.
3) Meda Meeda Abbayi: Allari Naresh’s bad time continues. His latest film Meda Meeda Abbayi also failed to impress. The film couldn’t even get decent openings because of his recent track record.
The comedy actor needs to do something exceptional to get back on track. Half baked movies like this won’t be enough.
4) Arjun Reddy: Blockbuster Arjun Reddy had a very good fourth weekend. The film has made four times its investment already to become one of the major hits of our times in terms of return on investment.
Besides its phenomenal box office success, Arjun Reddy is also fetching some red hot offers for its remake and other rights.
5) Fidaa: Sekhar Kammula’s magical blockbuster completed fifty days run, but is still doing well during the weekends.
The film has collected its entire investment from Nizam alone. It has collected close to Rs. 18 crore in Nizam, a feat that is only achieved by a handful of big budget films to date.