1) Brahmotsavam: Brahmotsavam was expected to be one of the biggest hits of the year, but thanks to director Sreekanth Addala’s lazy script and execution that the film has turned out to be a miserable flop. The film has collected around an estimated share of 27 crore worldwide in its first weekend. Trade expected that the film will collect this share on its first day itself. It shows how big a disappointment is this. Early trends on Monday indicate that the film will barely survive until its second weekend.
2) Supreme: Thanks to Brahmotsavam’s unexpected failure, Supreme got a chance to extend its theatrical run. The film has performed very well in its third weekend and is now all set to breakeven for its investors.
3) Sarrainodu: Sarrainodu is still having decent run at the ticket window. The film is still minting shares in its fifth week. With Brahmotsavam not appealing to the masses, Sarrainodu has a chance to run with shares until it completes 50 days run in theaters, which has become a rarity these days.
4) 24: Suriya and Vikram Kumar’s 24 slipped after its second weekend. Masses couldn’t able to relate to it is taking a toll on its collections. Mass friendly movies like Supreme and Sarrainodu are still getting good reception whereas 24 isn’t performing up to its standards.
5) Bichagadu: This Tamil dubbed film has struck a chord with the masses. Bichagadu is getting decent shares everywhere. The film is running to full houses in few centers as per trade reports.