Home PoliticsAndhra News

Defected TDP leader sings in Hindutva tune!

Defected TDP leader sings in Hindutva tune!

When they were in the Telugu Desam Party, Rajya Sabha MPs – Sujana Chowdary, C M Ramesh and T G Venkatesh used to sing in secular tunes and were criticising the saffron brigade for destroying the secular fabric of the nation.

After the TDP lost power to the YSR Congress party in 2019 general elections, they conveniently defected to the Bharatiya Janata Party for their political and business interests.

As they were not familiar with the Hindutva ideology, they have not made any aggressive statements against Muslims so far.

But, now, they are compelled to sing in the Hindutva tune. Take the case of T G Venkatesh, Rajya Sabha member from Kurnool.

On Sunday, he spoke like a typical RSS leader, attacking the Muslims and accusing the Jagan government of perpetrating attacks on the Hindu temples.

He alleged that though Hindus accounted for 80 per cent of the population, the governments were working for the remaining 20 per cent minorities.

“I am not saying all, but some sections of minorities were promoting terrorism in the country,” he said.

Venkatesh criticised the Jagan government for booking cases against the BJP leaders for questioning the attacks on the temples.

He alleged that communal clashes had been increasing since YSR Congress party came to power. He reminded that terrorist elements had attacked the BJP leaders and the police station in Atmakur with the support of the YSRC.

The BJP MP said if anybody questioned the injustice meted out to the Hindus, he was being branded as communal.

He said the Jagan government should realise that it was surviving only because of the support of the BJP at the Centre.


Tags: TDP C M Ramesh Hindutva