Note: Since my friends and collegues are directly involved with Sneha Geetham's cast and crew, I have outsourced the services of film critic Lakshmi Naidu who is working with a news agency which is no way connected to greatandhra.com - Venkat Arikatla, Chief Editor
Film: Sneha Geetam
Presented By: Lagadapati Sridhar
Banner: Larsco Entertainment
Cast: Venky, Shreya Dhawanthary, Sandeep, Suhani, Chaitanya, Riya, Vennela Kishore, Melkote, Shruthi, Krishnudu, ARC Babu, VB Rao etc
Music: Sunil Kashyap
Lyrics: SiraSri, Chinni Charan
Digital Editor: Anirudra
Cinematography: PG Vinda
Screenplay, Dialogue: Madhura Sridhar, Mohan Bharadwaj
Story, Direction: ‘Madhura’ Sreedhar
Producer: Lagadapati Sirisha Sridhar
Released On: Jul 16th, 2010
A youthful movie with title ‘Sneha Geetham’ has arrived today. The faces are new, the director is new and obviously it carries no big expectation. But the hype created for this film has pulled me to watch it. Let us see if the material in this film is in tune with the hype or not.
This is the story of three young boys Ravi (Venky), Krishna (Chaitanya) and Arjun (Sandeep) who complete their graduation in engineering and want to be an entrepreneur, a SW employee and a film director respectively. Their love interests happen to be Shailu (Shreya Dhanwanthary), Pooja (Riya) and Maha (Suhani) respectively. How these guys achieve their dreams crossing the barriers, form the story. Just watch it on big screen and I’m sure it makes you elated.
Venky has got the class elegance. He delivered matured performance. He has bright future as multiplex hero in the lines of Siddhartha.
Sandeep is rugged and has mass appeal. He can do well if takes care in choosing right scripts those suit his serious body language. His voice has good base which is an advantage.
Chaitanya, the wonderful dancer among young folks has a happy going face and he can be a family entertainer down the line.
Shreya Dhanwanthary gave apt performance while Riya also did well without any complaint. Suhani should be appreciated for own dubbing. She is perfect and cute.
Lohit Kumar has got a catchy role. He portrayed the role of perverted Software Manager trying to woo a heroine. He has the material to become best villain in Tollywood.
Arun, ARC Babu and VB Rao made presence felt as fathers.
Krishnudu delivered humorous and touching performance as Pitamaha. Vennela Kishore delivered right comedy as Box Office Bhushanam (recalling Tanikella Bharani in ‘Money Money’). Shruthi scores well as mother while ARC Babu is matured and serious in performance with echoing voice. Venu Madhav’s AIDS Papa Rao track is rib-tickling. Others are ok.
Music by Sunil Kashyap scores highest mark while Sirasri and Chinni Charan have given appropriate lyrics. Cinematography by PG Vinda is honest.
The debutant director ‘Madhura’ Sreedhar has done a fabulous job as an experienced director with huge stuff. He proves to be a promising director for Tollywood.
Production values by Lagadapati Sridhar are awesome and his publicity really helped this good movie reach majorities. Kudos should laurel him for bestowing such a meaningful movie to society.
- 'Oka Snehame' written by SiraSri is instant winner and the tune haunts
- 'Veyo Veyo' of SiraSri has got peppy features in it and the choreography is impressive
- 'Farewell Song' penned by SiraSri is sounding novel all the way and its pictured as celebration
- 'Sarigama Padani' written by Chinni Charan turned out to the best melody
Debutant Heroes and heroines with great performances
VV Vinayak gave his voice over at the outset
Producer Lagadapati Sridhar appears in real-time character
Costumes of heroines could have been better. They are realistic but not pleasing.
Editing is sharp and for this sort of movies it could have been focused on mood
Director’s amateurism is seen in composition of a few scenes
You might have watched romantic films, action films, comedy films and educating films…Have you ever heard of ‘helpful film’? Here it is..It is helpful for entire family members…See how it helps…
- Are you the father of a young boy or girl who completed studies and about to settle down in life? Watch this movie to know their true emotions? You may take a right decision that definitely helps them…
- Are you the son of a perfectionist father who speaks on practical lines but not understanding your passion? Watch this so that you can know the better way to communicate your ideas to your father. It really helps you…
- Are you in love with your class mate at present? Watch this to know when to propose and how to propose. You may end up with wedding without any hassle. It certainly helps you…
- Are you an aspiring entrepreneur but there is none to support you financially? Watch this to find a right solution to know the way to project yourself…It surely helps you…
- Are you an aspiring film director and completed your studies? Watch this to know darker and brighter sides of film industry. It perfectly helps you…
It’s a pleasant, heart touching, thought provoking, sincere and worthy movie that shouldn’t be missed by any family member. Responsibility is shown in all perspectives- from the side of father, from mother and from grown up children. Love is justified in either ways- from the boy and from the girl.
The film aptly describes the phase between ‘after the completion of degree and before getting settled in life’ with 3 pairs. On a whole, the majority of entire student community fits into these 3 sets. Debutant director should be appreciated for giving out such a matured and highly convincing product. There are no chasings, no beating around the bushes, no artificial scenes, no violence and there is just one thing in the film- that is ‘reality’. ‘Sneha Geetam’ opens a new genre all together- a sincere voyage with less cinematic liberties and more honest features. Humor is not missed and there is adequate. Emotions of all categories are well carried till the end.
First half goes with bits and phases of college life style while second half screens the real material. The last 30 minutes prove to be the highlight.
Bottom Line: Must-watch by every family member
Reviewed by Lakshmi (Lakshmi can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)