1) Tholi Prema: Varun Tej has scored consecutive success with Tholi Prema after Fidaa. The film has opened on a strong note at the box office and also generated superb word of mouth.
The film posted far better numbers than other two new releases in spite of releasing a day after them.
Pleasant story, entertaining screenplay and mellifluous music are its mainstay while the chemistry between the lead pair Varun and Rashi has clicked.
2) Intelligent: Sai Dharam Tej’s market came crashing down after four consecutive disasters and even Vinayak’s brand didn’t help Intelligent to post half decent numbers in its opening weekend.
Collections on Saturday and Sunday are unbelievably low as buyers are looking at record losses. It is a bigger disaster than Vinayak’s forgettable Akhil.
3) Chalo: Last week’s release Chalo had another very good weekend at the ticket window. The film made handsome profits in all areas and is still going steadily to add more to the pockets of buyers and producers.
Team Chalo ensured to keep the momentum going with promotional tours and events.
4) Gayatri: Mohan Babu’s Gayatri couldn’t draw much audience in its opening weekend. Low key promotions and competition restricted Gayatri’s box office returns to bare minimum.
The film might end up as loss venture if it doesn’t pick up in the coming days. Word of mouth isn’t so encouraging too.
5) Pad Man: Akshay Kumar’s new film on menstrual hygiene did well in Hyderabad multiplexes.
The film is among the top trends in book my show Hyderabad bookings. It had a very good weekend in the Northern circuit too.