1) Bhaagamathie: Anushka’s horror thriller expectedly dominated the Republic Day weekend box office by putting up very good numbers all over.
The film lived up to pre release buzz and generated decent word of mouth. It posted superb numbers in Telugu states as well as the neighboring states along with overseas.
It is set to become the first genuine hit of the year. Clever storytelling stood out as the highlight of this mixed genre film that is aided by superb technical brilliance.
2) Padmaavat: Thanks to the controversies surrounding it, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus not only grabbed the attention of Bollywood fans but also the Telugus.
The film has done tremendous business across Telugu states in its first weekend. It is sure to become successful in Telugu market as the collections remained strong all through the weekend.
3) Gang: Gang is still doing well across plexes and A centers during weekends.
The film’s numbers are not on par with Suriya’s previous hits, but the film turned out to be a sleeper hit with steady performance since its release.
4) Jai Simha: Balakrishna’s mass entertainer couldn’t pick up after the festival period is over. Thankfully it is sold for moderate prices which has helped the buyers to breakeven in some areas.
The film’s theatrical run has come to a close in all centers and will pave way for the upcoming movies Touch Chesi Chudu and Chalo.
5) Touch Chesi Chudu: Raviteja’s upcoming Friday release Touch Chesi Chudu is already trending on the online ticketing websites.
The film is set for a grand opening as the early trends suggest that people are eagerly waiting for it. A decent product can ensure a very big success at the moment.