1) Fidaa: Classy director Sekhar Kammula made a stunning comeback with Fidaa that took box office by surprise.
The film opened on a strong note everywhere and also generated positive word of mouth from filmgoers. The film had a fabulous first weekend at the box office in domestic circuit as well as overseas.
It is the first hit for mega hero Varun Tej and debutante Sai Pallavi is just magical as Bhanumati. Fidaa should have terrific run for few more weeks as the talk is getting better by the day.
2) Ninnu Kori: Nani scores another super hit this year with Ninnu Kori. It did get affected by Fidaa in its third week, but it is already into profits.
It could end up as another Rs. 30 crore film for Nani who has been on a roll since Bhale Bhale Magadivoy.
Debutant director Shiva Nirvana caught the attention of Tollywood with his mature handling of a sensible plot.
3) Shamantakamani: The crime comedy starring multiple actors in lead roles opened on a solid note but couldn’t hold after its first weekend. It will end up as an average grosser according to trade reports.
4) Vaisakham: Director B. Jaya’s latest film Vaisakham failed to generate interest among film buffs that it had a dismal first weekend at the ticket window.
Producer BA Raju has spent a lot on the film, but relatively new star cast and strong opposition didn’t let the film to make a mark in its opening weekend.
5) Dunkirk: Christopher Nolan’s war drama Dunkirk did well in Hyderabad plexes in its first weekend. But the heavily dramatized plot sans entertainment may not click with our audience like previous Nolan’s movies.